Saturday, October 13, 2007

IT'S "CONDIMENT" TIME

Looking at the date of my last entry, I see that I need to "ketchup" on our doings. I will a-"salt" you with the recent events. Now that I have "mustered" my thoughts, I will share them with you. I trust you will "relish" every word.

We enjoyed a day off from school thanks to Christopher Columbus (and our U.S. government). Since the next day was Abby's 16th birthday, we used the holiday to celebrate. Our pastor's daughter, Beth, shares the same birth date as Abby, so we included her; it was Beth's 18th.

Elizabeth took the girls shopping after breakfast. They wanted to find matching accessories so that they could be "twins" at school on Tuesday. I was invited to join them on the excursion, but I opted out. I sent the checkbook in my place.

In the afternoon, we went to Fort Moultrie located at the entrance to the Charleston Harbor. We enjoyed being near the water. The fort has been the site of several significant military events since Revolutionary days.

We left Sullivan's Island and headed back into Charleston. We took the girls to California Dreaming for supper. The restaurant is located right beside the Ashley River, and we had a window view of the water.




After a yummy meal, we headed home. The girls went swimming and then finished their homework.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

glad to see you are still "punny" Mr. Fitch (=